Do you want to create software that is used by millions of users all
over the world? Do you want to work on the world’s most popular open
source DBMS? Do you want to be a MySQL developer?
Oracle is looking for students to work at the Trondheim office for 6-8
weeks this summer. The interns will be working as software engineers in
one of the MySQL Server development teams. Tasks will typically be
prototyping and writing production code to extend MySQL with new
functionality. Several of the new features in MySQL 5.7 and 8.0 have
been implemented by students during internships.
Our code base (https://github.com/mysql/mysql-server) is in C++, with
some modules in C. Some knowledge of or experience with C++ is
therefore an advantage, but it’s our experience that people that only
know Java are able to adapt quickly.
We can offer:
– Exciting and challenging problems to solve
– Opportunity to write code that will be used by millions of users
– Open and friendly company culture
– Great working environment at our offices at Lade, Trondheim
– Flexible schedule and working hours
– Real influence on design and implementation decisions
We’re looking for students that:
– Like working with an international team
– Enjoy learning new things
– Have a passion for programming
We’re primarily looking for computer science students that are about to
finish their MSc degrees, but we also encourage other students,
especially good programmers, to apply.
Please submit applications with CV and transcript of records (in
English) by April 14.
If you have questions about the position, please do not hesitate to
contact Norvald H. Ryeng at email@example.com.